Hey everyone, and welcome back to 30 days of Juice & Smoothies. I have been having a hard time balancing work, self-care and blogging, and home life. But I have been learning to schedule and stay focused, and I want to thank everyone for the support and advice. Jumping back into our groove, we have Day 12,13 and 14.
Please always remember to wash your fruits and vegetables. To learn how to check out our Day 1 post. For each recipe put everything in the blender and ta-da!
Day 12: Skin Healer (10/5)
In my household, my husband and I both deal with plaque cirrhosis and eczema. One thing I take seriously is our health and well-being. This recipe is something that has helped us both. With dealing with any health condition, your diet will play a big part.
Benefits of Avocados:
- Avocados are rich in omega 3’s that gives you healthier skin
- Protein-rich to keep you satisfied and full
- Maintain weight loss
- Adds consistency and taste to the mix
Benefits of Bananas:
- Provides nourishment to the skin
- Rich in potassium
- Loaded with fiber
- Considered as a powerhouse of nutrients
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1/2 Avacado
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk/coconut milk
- Some fruits of your choice ( strawberries, blueberries, etc. are good options)
- Ice cubes
- Stevia – prefer natural sweetener
Next, we move onto another yummy green smoothie that will help with eczema.
Day 13: Ultimate Green for skin conditions (10/6)
- 1 Cup Kale leaves
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Frozen berries
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
Our last and final juice/smoothie is one that I enjoy making. It is for mothers who experience morning sickness. Carrying a life is such a beautiful experience, but the body is such a tricky thing. Creating a morning sickness smoothie is a great way to ease nausea that inevitably comes with pregnancy. Even if you are not pregnant, this is a good smoothie for nausea. If you have endometriosis or an, this will work wonders.
Day 13: Nausea Be Gone (10/7)
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (omit if you have bad acid reflux)
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (skip if you have gestational diabetes)
- 1 cup ice
- 1.5 cups water
Add 1/2 avocado for extra healthy fats or vegan protein powder for a meal.
Check back tomorrow for another yummy recipe!